• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheshire (1 Viewer)

Gray C

Grumpy old bugger
United Kingdom
Two great places to visit are Moore nature reserve near Warrington and Marbury Country Park near Northwich

Gray C said:
Two great places to visit are Moore nature reserve near Warrington and Marbury Country Park near Northwich

Graham

Also try Woolston Eyes...though you need a permit to access the central No3 bed.

paj

Last edited:
Hi Paj

I am aware of Woolston Eyes, but how and where do you get a permit

Graham

paj said:
Gary

Also try Woolston Eyes...though you need a permit to access the central No3 bed.

paj

Marbury - Blackcap, Garden Warbler, Nuthatch, treecreeper but no Wood Warbler. Worth walking down the lane to Marbury No. 1 tank (on the right) for Snipe & Green Sandpiper and further down to Neumanns Flash for pretty well every sort of Duck and wader at the right times of year.

A bit further afield is Sandbach Flashes for waders and Tree Sparrows.

Gray C said:

Also a nice day out to be had at Wigg Island on the Mersey Estuary just outside Runcorn

Hi,

I am visiting my parents in Crewe this coming weekend. Anybody got any suggestions on the best place to visit in the area at this time of year? Any 'goodies' in the local area which are likely to be around for a while?

Thanks

Reuben

I frequent Frodsham Marsh - which is pretty rich in species - Last weekend there was blue headed yellow wagtail, and grasshopper warbler, winchat and lesser whitethroat for instance! Ducks and waders at the right times of year (Avocet seem to call in) and various raptors too!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back