• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring Fungus (1 Viewer)

Fungbot

Hi

This is my first post on BirdForum, so I hope it works and the image appears!

I'm not a birder but see lots of other interesting non-bird posts by some knowledgeable people.

This fungus was found on 29 April in Wyre Forest, Shropshire under oaks on disturbed ground (photo taken on my lawn so ignore the grass).

I think it's Helvella acetabulum but not familar with this group of fungi so comments welcome. Looks like the wet weather is producing a few interesting fungi.

Fungbot

Attachments

• Helvella acetabulum vs.jpg
    Helvella acetabulum vs.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Fungbot said:
Hi

This is my first post on BirdForum, so I hope it works and the image appears!

I'm not a birder but see lots of other interesting non-bird posts by some knowledgeable people.

This fungus was found on 29 April in Wyre Forest, Shropshire under oaks on disturbed ground (photo taken on my lawn so ignore the grass).

I think it's Helvella acetabulum but not familar with this group of fungi so comments welcome. Looks like the wet weather is producing a few interesting fungi.

Fungbot

Hi Fungbot, welcome to the forum.

Yes, no problem, this is good material of Helvella acetabulum.

Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for confirming identification. Will add this to my list for the area. Must post a few more images of fungi, including some I just cannot pin down to species.

Fungbot

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back