• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strange Sighting (1 Viewer)

Tammie

:h?:

Has anyone ever seen a sparrow eating suet before? I had a lovely male white throated sparrow munching on the suet yesterday and having a grand old time with it.

I must admit I've never seen this before!

Tammie said:
:h?:

Has anyone ever seen a sparrow eating suet before? I had a lovely male white throated sparrow munching on the suet yesterday and having a grand old time with it.

I must admit I've never seen this before!
Hi tammie in my garden I have house sparrows that eat suet & robins with being at work all day I dont get to see what is eating what because when I get home the table is empty but there must be other birds that eat it because the amount that I put in the seed mix is far to much for just the robins & house sparrows I dont know why but the starlings throw it all over the patio & yet they will eat the fat balls, the suet that ends up on the floor always gets eaten but by what is the question must be one of the ground feeding birds I am thinking it could be the finches.

Regards Snapper.

A female Black-headed Grosbeak yesterday and today has been hanging off the suet feeder, eating. Never have seen this sp do that, either, before yesterday.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back