• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chelmarsh Bean Geese (1 Viewer)

regor

Could anyone please let me know where is the best place to view the Bean Geese at Chelmarsh Reservoir. I tried to visit last week and was thwarted by a series "Private Road" and "No Public Access" signs.

Thanks,
Roger

Think it's best to park at the north west end of the reservoir, there is a small car park at the north east of the causeway near dinney farm. Parking at the sailing club is hit and miss, the guy that lives there doesn't seem to mind the odd birder but the boaters can get funny. When the geese get in the fields they can also be viewed looking down from chelmarsh village

Last edited:
Think it's best to park at the north west end of the reservoir, there is a small car park at the north east of the causeway near dinney farm. Parking at the sailing club is hit and miss, the guy that lives there doesn't seem to mind the odd birder but the boaters can get funny. When the geese get in the fields they can also be viewed looking down from chelmarsh village

Thanks for the information - I'll give it a try later this week.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back