• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eurasian Hobby Sightings (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
Has anyone reading this seen any Hobbies (falco subbueto) north of Essex on migration this year? I do not wish to know paticular sites,just the county/region would be sufficient.Thanks.

Ben Nevis said:
Has anyone reading this seen any Hobbies (falco subbueto) north of Essex on migration this year? I do not wish to know paticular sites,just the county/region would be sufficient.Thanks.

At least two at Cotswold Water Park, Wiltshire/Gloucestershire on 8 May.

Seen plenty already this year. Certainly had at least 3 at Minsmere on Sunday and possibly 9 at Lakenheath on Saturday as well.

Thanks For That

billcuk said:
Half a dozen so far this year in North Staffs, couple at Carsington this weekend.

Thanks for that billcuk.If you get anymore please keep them coming in please?

hobby

saw one at the cotswold water park a coulple of days ago along with nightingale. this site is huge and it was the first time i have ever been there. would be grateful if anyone out there could give me more info on which part of this site is the best for watching hobby or other sites for watching feeding birds

2 single hobbys in Hambleton (Near Selby) in North Yorkshire (don't know whether same bird - don't know whether staying or passing through)

Thanks to you all

Thanks to everyone who have sent in their sightings.Please keep them coming in ? Every sighting reported is greatly appreciated and important also.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back