• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Graveney Marshes (1 Viewer)

planetx

Just returned from a 2 hour jaunt at Graveney, started from the Sportsman.
Having spent an hour sitting in the sun watching repeated hunting displays from a stunning female Merlin and good shows from the Marsh Harrier I had to pinch myself I was out there alone. Fantastic Friday evening.

Hi John

This was my first visit, the Lapwing spotted it before me which helped.

She was working hard for a good hour. Often flying within 50metres of the Sportsman.

Evening.

pA good mixture of habitats that is relatively quiet do to the lack of roads. I know the area has been watched regularly in the past.

I'm also a member of Kentos, and having been on a few field trips found everyone friendly and welcoming.

Regards

Save Graveney Marshes

Hi there,

I came across your post re sightings at Graveney Marshes and wondered if you knew about the proposed Solar Power Station there. It's going to stretch across Nagden, Cleve and Graveney Marshes to the Sportsman.

You can find out more here.

https://clevehillsolar.wordpress.com/

If you're able to spread the word and/or let birders know so we can raise the profile that would be great.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back