• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbirds in Yucatan (1 Viewer)

Wolf Beam

Hi guys,
I'm presently on vacation in Yucatan and Quintana Roo. One week remaining. I have seen very few hummingbirds so far. Any tips on good spots for these? I'd like to do some photography. I will stay on mainland, so such sites are preferred.

Thanks!
Wolf

I do not really remember any spots with abundant or dependable hummingbirds from that area. At Rio Bec Dreams I saw a female Green-throated Mango on a couple of different days but not constantly.

Niels

Yes, quite few flowering plants here right now. Perhaps manmade habitats are the best at the moment?
Some garden. Any ideas, anyone? I visited the botanical garden in Puerto Morelos a few days ago, but it was mainly trees and wild nature rather than flowers.

Cheers
Wolf

I am on holiday near Akumal now. Haven’t seen any hummingbirds in the hotel grounds. Had Cinnamon Hummingbird here in March. Have recently seen Ruby throated Hummingbird near San Juan del Rio on the way to Rio Lagartos along with Cinnamon Hummingbird. Also saw White bellied Emerald near Muyil Village. Otherwise quiet.

I missed Cinammon Hummer. Had Buff-bellied at Coba, several White-bellied Emerald's at Muyil, a couple of Wedge-tailed Sabrewings at Vigo Chico road, along with a single Canivet's Emerald. So this week, I mAnaged to scrape a few hummingbirds together but they were not numerous or photogenic.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back