• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

King and Gopher snakes (1 Viewer)

nyatt

kingsnake

I finally found out how to resize photos, so here is a California kingsnake caught earlier this year.

Attachments

• DSCN0064 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0064 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 218
baby kingsnake

Here's a baby kingsnake form earlier this year.

Attachments

• DSCN0081 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0081 (Small).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 206
king and gopher snakes

I found this pair about 5 feet apart. I think they had just come out of hibernation.

Attachments

• DSCN0062 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0062 (Small).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 196
kingsnake beauty

here's the best looking kingsnake I've found this year

Attachments

• DSCN0076 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0076 (Small).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 194
Those are very nice pics, and very nice snakes as well. Apparently gophers are quite easy to keep in captivity. But if you have them in your "back yard" then it's so much better.

Bushbaby said:
Those are very nice pics, and very nice snakes as well. Apparently gophers are quite easy to keep in captivity. But if you have them in your "back yard" then it's so much better.
As a kid, I used to keep the snakes I caught for a month or two, but these days, it's more like fly-fishing: catch and release. I usually have my camera, so pictures are good enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back