• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hello! (1 Viewer)

danysloan

United States
Hey peeps,

My name is Dany. I am a college student from outside of Philadelphia, PA, and I joined this place to discuss birds and to meet others who enjoy birding in my area. I am 23 years old and birding is not a popular hobby among my age group.

Say hi!

Hi, Dany, welcome to the forum. We've got a worldwide membership here, and most age groups, so you should make friends easily. Any questions you have, I'm sure someone can help.

Tony

Hi Dany,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I'm sure you'll find some other birders in your area, but in addition you've joined a worldwide community of birders. I hope that you like the site and see your way to joining in the various forums and post details of the birds you get to see in your area. Everyone is pretty friendly on here and willing to share their experiences. We also have an excellent gallery with a search feature so if you're wanting to know what a species looks like just enter it's name and hopefully it will be in there. All photos are those taken by members.

See you around.

Hi, Dany! What a lovely part of the country you live in -- I love Pennsylvania and have been lucky enough to visit your area several times (family and friends in Allentown-Bethlehem).

Birding should be interesting at Longwood Gardens down in Kennett Square -- and what a beautiful place to go see birds!! And close enough to be easy to reach.

And I've read that the area that used to be called Tinicum (sp) in Philadelphia, right near the airport, can be an especially good place, especially for being so urban -- it may now be called Heinz National Wildlife Refuge. Have always wanted to visit there.

I've been meaning to hit up Tinicum/Heinz refuge. Believe it or not, I've lived in this area for most of my life and I've never been there.

I go up to NYC once a week for an internship, so I want to go to Jamaica Bay sometime soon, too.

I've been dormant on the birding tip for awhile, but on a random trip to a state park with my girlfriend the other day, I picked up a lifer (Red-necked Grebe) and now I am getting back into the groove.

Welcome to BF, Dany. Hope you enjoy your time on here, I think there are several members from PA on here. There's also plenty of members in ther 20's...... you're not alone :t:
Andy

I have to get though 2000+ posts so apologies for a very brief welcome to this great site with so many friendly people!

Hi Dany

As you'll see, we've got a PA birding chapter here on BF!

Have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back