• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Juvenile...;) (1 Viewer)

bogshaun

I had 'complained' about no males only females. It was suggested they might actually be juvie males. Bingo! I finally saw a little guy with mini flecks at his throat. Also the fact he was trying to sip out of a ceramic flower that is between my double windows caught my attention.(LOL) Guess we all have to learn as we age. He was so cute trying to get to the flower, he hovered wings straight out and actually got beak to window. I've had one try to inspect a yard flag with red roses also. Yes, Virginia, these birdies see color.
Cheers,
Shaun :bounce:

LOL, I kind of figured that's what was going on there. The juvies will try any flower irregardless of the amount of nectar in them ;) I enjoyed the better part of a day watching several juvies at the faces of my sunflowers. ;) Enjoy them, they are here for such a short period of time.

Yeah, I've been seeing 4 juveniles here, two male for sure. I think the other two are females, but I haven't gotten a good enough look at the tail feathers to be sure. Adding these new Hatch Year babies to the two adult females that raised them pushes my total up to 6. An adult male showed up yesterday and stuck aroundtoday, which is odd.. bringing my grand total to 7. It's HummerWars out there now!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back