• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Action Ex Extreme 7X35 Quality? (1 Viewer)

Hogjaws

How do these porro binos compare to, say the Monarch/ATB, E2 or SE as far as comfort of view, resolution, depth of field, and low light performance.

They are waterproof, have eco-glass, and are multicoated, and relatively inexpensive.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I understand the Action Extreme are not in the same class as the SE, but likely of equal optical performance as the Monarch, even if the most people not will notice the difference if they don't really attempt to do it.

I have tried both the AE and the Monarch (unfortunately not side by side) and estimate that Action Extreme are superior to Monarch in sharpness, which is normally. "Budget" porroprisms use to be equal if not superior ti mid-priced roof binos.

A bit late to respond, but yes, the Nikon porros are probably brighter than roofs of the same price class. I tried some Actions and liked the eye cups, though they were a bit heavy.

I like roof prisms, though, used to the feel.

I would stick to 7x and 8x with the Actions of various sorts for sale.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back