• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Leica policy on used/demo warranty? Official Statement perhaps? (1 Viewer)

xenophobe

David at SWFA was asked about a used or demo item and what warranty came with it, this was his response:

They were purchased directly from Leica as a Demo. The card states that the product is "used equipment".

It appears Leica has changed things. If you fill out the card enclosed, and mail it in, you will have a lifetime warranty with the glasses. The passport warranty only applies to new goods, which means you are covered by a "no fault" warranty for life. :news:

Thread:
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1784&PN=1

Anything official?

Spoke with Eileen at the Leica sport optics division yesterday and I thought what she said was worth passing along.

"Leica's Passport Warranty has extended the "No-fault" clause for the lifetime of the binocular excluding loss, fire and theft. Leica will only cover demo/used binoculars for one year if purchased from an authorized dealer."

The one year warranty would seriously affect my decision to buy used/demo equipment considering the hefty price tag the used equipment carries.

Yeah, I knew about the Lifetime "No-Fault" for new optics.

I think the 1 year is "No-Fault" and from what Steve at SWFA said, that the product is still warrantied for life, but only against manufactuer defects. I did just send in a demo registration, and will see what I get back in the mail.

Make sure you let me know about the demo registration, she was very clear about what she told me on used/demo equipment. It completely turned me off on buying demos and I had my heart set on a used set of Ultravids.

Look forward to hearing from you.....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back