• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best price? (1 Viewer)

psilo

I am after the canon 400mm f5.6 L fixed lens. After being on order for weeks 7 day shop say they no longer intend to have any more lenses in stock.
Does anyone know who offers this lens at the best price? and who also gives good after sales service?

psilo,

Like you I was disappointed to see that 7dayshop no longer deal with Canon lens and cameras on their website when I looked yesterday. Did they give any reason ?

For Canon lens I could not find anybody who was close to them on price, The rest of the UK all quoted a price typically £50-100 dearer. I have seen the odd one come up on ebay second hand.

Robert

Robert

No Rob they didnt give a reason, tis strange though given how popular the make is.

Thankyou Graham and everyone else for your help. I will check them out and let you know how I get on :)

psilo said:
I am after the canon 400mm f5.6 L fixed lens. After being on order for weeks 7 day shop say they no longer intend to have any more lenses in stock.
Does anyone know who offers this lens at the best price? and who also gives good after sales service?

I have never used them but they are cheap @ £820.

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/page56.htm

They may be grey imports, you may wish to ask? I do know Jessops would price match Warehouse Express for both my 10-22 and 60 mm macro but couldn't match the Bristol prices. You also have to add P&P.
Let us know how you get on as that is the next lens on my list.

good luck

jim

Hi, here is another link for camera equipment http://www.onestop-digital.com/
They don't seem to have as large a collection as 7dayshop but their prices are quite competitve. They might be grey imports but am I not right in saying that lenses have an international warrenty? It would not put me off buying one as they are all made in the same factory, it's a shame that by the time an official U.K. lens reaches you (after everybody has had their cut) you can barely afford them. It would not supprise me if 7dayshop was banned from selling Canon equipment following pressure from the "official U.K." sellers cartel.
H.T.H.
Cheers,
Oddbodd.

T4 are doing the 400 f5.6 L for £845.00 including Postage, they seem quite keen on their pricing.
They are also an authorised Canon e-tailer, which gives some reassurance if Canon approve them, see the Canon uk site for more.

Park Cameras are excellent to deal with I ordered a 20d body and lens after the cut off and it still arrived the next day.

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back