• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Embedded Ads . . . (1 Viewer)

Frankj

Well, since migrating from "the other one", I've visitied but never posted another message/picture on that forum but noticed today someone posted a message stating they no longer are seeing any embedded advertisements in the members post. If it's true, (And I don't know that it is.), it's too bad, (As someone else pointed out that.), they had to lose so many individuals before they decided it wasn't the best way to run their forum.

This must be a very recent change. When I looked a couple of days ago, they were still using embedded ads. I have followed, for example, the "Palms and Cycads" section, and even the word "plants" was an embedded link.
------
I've stepped away for a brief look, and I couldn't find any embedded links. But I don't plan to return, either. I'm generally happy here.

Last edited:
Yep . . .

Curtis Croulet said:
This must be a very recent change. When I looked a couple of days ago, they were still using embedded ads. I have followed, for example, the "Palms and Cycads" section, and even the word "plants" was an embedded link.
------
I've stepped away for a brief look, and I couldn't find any embedded links. But I don't plan to return, either. I'm generally happy here.
. . . Doesn't seem to do much good to 'close the barn door' after all the cows have already escaped!!! ;)

Frank

Frankj said:
Well, since migrating from "the other one", I've visitied but never posted another message/picture on that forum but noticed today someone posted a message stating they no longer are seeing any embedded advertisements in the members post. If it's true, (And I don't know that it is.), it's too bad, (As someone else pointed out that.), they had to lose so many individuals before they decided it wasn't the best way to run their forum.

Yes, It seems they have removed the imbedded links. I am still a member as are many others that have remained, but have joined this forum as well. Wish you'd think about returning...you know it isn't the same without you. :cat:

Please stay! This part of the forum is so much more alive now! Although I really have difficulties to keep up with reading :D

Grousemore said:
Can someone please explain what this Thread is all about and to what 'the other one' relates?

There is another Hummingbird forum (GW). Many of the members have migrated here and to other sites because GW started intrusive pop-up ads,etc. Now, apparently, they have stopped those type ads,but nobody is eager to go back.

I have a question: how does one include links in their signature, like Frank does above for his pictures?

Cheers,Bob

Last edited:
Curtis Croulet said:
In your profile there's a place where you can upload an "avatar."

Thanks Curtis,

I already have an avatar picture, but I want to know how Frank posts this at the end of his messages (with clickable links in some of the words).

Frank Janzen
Mountain Center, CA

My Gallery Photos
My Web Photo Album

Thanks,Bob

bobky said:
Thanks Curtis,

I already have an avatar picture, but I want to know how Frank posts this at the end of his messages (with clickable links in some of the words).

Frank Janzen
Mountain Center, CA

My Gallery Photos
My Web Photo Album

Thanks,Bob
Click on the 'My profile' bit in the lower red navigation bar (on every page), then 'edit signature'. Hopefully you should have plenty of formatting options in this editing window to allow you to hyperlink words.

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back