• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Universal Digital Adapter (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
I know Andy Turner has this adapter and seems to like it a lot. Has anyone else given this one a try? I really like the idea of the camera not being bolted to the eyepiece of the scope and I like being able to slide it away to adjust the scope seemingly effortlessly from the description but wonder if there are any flaws anyone has experienced. The model I believe is called 40849 Universal digital camera adapter.

Hi KC, are you using this adapter or just an query? I'm looking for an adaptor also for my 990 to Leica scope. I'll check out Opticron site for info. Thanks for posting.
bob

Hey Bob. This is the one I want to buy but I was so disenchanted with the last adapter I bought, I thought it might be a good idea to ask around first. Even with shipping from the UK it is still cheaper than the last one I bought. Let me know if you can't find it on the site. Took me a bit to find it the first time.

Guys, I'm making a Universal-type adapter mount at our family business. After testing, I'll put some word of it here if we decide to offer it. I too was very uneasy about a good bump upward on the bayonette eye-piece from the Opticron adapter. But it does look well made. However I've decided not to risk my camera and eyepiece falling. Steve

Steve, will it be a short time down the pike that you will have some results? I can hold off for a bit.

hi
ref the digi adapter i have a optricon adapter, 50066, to 50069 to fit my kyocera sl400r
i know it is not the one you are talking about but i think they adapt the same sort of way to my optricon 80mm

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back