• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what do you think (1 Viewer)

I like it but perhaps some tweaks in post would make it pop a bit more. Hope you don't mind but I had a quick play in Paint Shop Pro X and did the following:

Histogram Adj. to increase contrast a bit.
Increased saturation
Removed some of the noise
Sharpened it up some

Attachments

• duck_edit.jpg
    duck_edit.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 213
pxl8 said:
I like it but perhaps some tweaks in post would make it pop a bit more. Hope you don't mind but I had a quick play in Paint Shop Pro X and did the following:

Histogram Adj. to increase contrast a bit.
Increased saturation
Removed some of the noise
Sharpened it up some
px18 thank you thats what the posting for B :)

I used photoimpact to apply some fill-in flash, and then allowed it to auto enhance the tonal map, for the second image I let it do some minor colour saturation enhancement too.

Attachments

• DSC_0132+750a.jpg
    DSC_0132+750a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0132+750b.jpg
    DSC_0132+750b.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 223
walwyn said:
I used photoimpact to apply some fill-in flash, and then allowed it to auto enhance the tonal map, for the second image I let it do some minor colour saturation enhancement too.
Thanks px18 and walwyn out of the 3 I think I proffer px18 what do others think??

hughredcanary said:
Thanks px18 and walwyn out of the 3 I think I proffer px18 what do others think??
I think i agree with you Hugh. I dont like using auto settings myself, much prefer the result with manual tweaking.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back