• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gs 665 Ga/45 (1 Viewer)

luke

A Welsh birder in Dorset!
hi folks,

Just got my new opticron GS scope, had a bit of trouble getting, the first one i had was broken, the acurate focusing thingy fell out? and a eyepeice adapter was also missing, but got a brand new one now.
Seems a good scope good sharp image and also quite bright, will comment more when it has been field tested (only tested in the in my street looking at jackdaws ;) )

just wanted to raise the point about the broken bit on the first scope i baught,
The 9:1 ratio acurate fousing wheel feel out but something else which was strange was this small white plastic ring actually on the objective lense (inside the scope), it was literally only 1-2mm in diameter, the new one hasn't got this, would it have had anything to do with the accurate focusing mechanism?
also when using the main focusing wheel you could hear thuddy clicking (best descrition i could think of??) what would of coursed that?

i think it may have been a display one, it came from another branch shop and they sent it to my local branch. so it is quite possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back