PDA

View Full Version : First white wagtail

deborah4
Friday 17th March 2006, 13:28
First male white wagtail (ssp alba)in garden today (East Sussex) - actually a few days ago but seen this morning with pair of pieds so distinction in field confirmed! (mantle colour of Grey wag, head jet black with clearly defined border cf. sspyarrellii)

albatross02
Monday 27th March 2006, 15:59
Hi,

my first White Wagtails, I saw friday on river Elbe in floodplain landscape Elbtalauen.

Best regards
Dieter

prowberr
Monday 27th March 2006, 16:20
First male white wagtail (ssp alba)in garden today (East Sussex) - actually a few days ago but seen this morning with pair of pieds so distinction in field confirmed! (mantle colour of Grey wag, head jet black with clearly defined border cf. sspyarrellii)

The change of the wind to the South/South East has resulted in a sudden arrival of several spring migrants in the UK, notably Black Redstart, Sand Martin and Swallow in and around Minsmere and the coast of Eastern England. Not a surprise that lots of birds were held up with the snow and cold northerly airstream.

J Jones
Saturday 1st April 2006, 16:07

Do you have a big garden? Because thats a pretty impressive bird on your lawn!

deborah4
Saturday 1st April 2006, 17:48
Do you have a big garden? Because thats a pretty impressive bird on your lawn!

Not particularly.

And not particularly impressive either - we get a lot of summer migrants passing through on the South Coast this time of year.

J Jones
Sunday 2nd April 2006, 16:41
Not particularly.

And not particularly impressive either - we get a lot of summer migrants passing through on the South Coast this time of year.

You get alot passing through everywhere, Deborah. :t:

albatross02
Monday 3rd April 2006, 15:52
Hi,

at 24.03. I saw only 2, last wednesday the first in my company on the meadow, this weekend lots.
Seems very similar to England.
Yellow Wagtail reported in some areas, but I did not found anyone yet.

Best regards
Dieter

deborah4
Monday 3rd April 2006, 17:27
Hi,

at 24.03. I saw only 2, last wednesday the first in my company on the meadow, this weekend lots.
Seems very similar to England.
Yellow Wagtail reported in some areas, but I did not found anyone yet.

Best regards
Dieter

Hi Deiter

Bit early here yet for flavas and I am personally not expecting any to the garden! - but of albas, yarelliis and cinereas we have plenty! The latter also being a very welcome visiting couple to my garden over the winter months among the pieds.

Best wishes