• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 10x25 HG - a bargain ? (1 Viewer)

solentbirder

I see that the Nikon 10x25 HG is on offer at WarehouseExpress for 'only' £200. Is this a bargain ? I don't usually go for small binoculars as the quality and collimation often seems lacking. Any experiences with this model ?
Thanks
John

solentbirder said:
I see that the Nikon 10x25 HG is on offer at WarehouseExpress for 'only' £200. Is this a bargain ? I don't usually go for small binoculars as the quality and collimation often seems lacking. Any experiences with this model ?
Thanks
John

Hi John

these get rave reviews from some people on here. I've never used the 10x25 but the 8x20 are excellent. Not as user friendly as a full size bin - i find it harder to get on the bird as quickly - but then they are so light. The image is very good, a natural image.

The FOV is a bit narrow for my taste but if you want a small top notch 10x they are good a buy but a reverse porro like the Opticron Taiga's get close and are half the price.

solentbirder said:
Thanks
John

I love mine. Build quality is top notch. I agree that lesser compacts seem lacking (and IMO so did a couple of the top tier compacts). Quite a good buy if it is indeed a compact you're after.

regards,
ratree

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back