• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo heads (1 Viewer)

steve55

Yellow Hammer
Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a scope on a tripod with 2 pan handles instead of a video type head like the one pictured below

300dx.jpg

is it possible to pan and tilt with the one handle or will operation require 2 hands?

Im thinking that you would be able to pan with the tilt handle? I cant think of a reason that would prevent the head moving that way with that handle...

I may be very wrong though...

Cheers,

Steve

Chris Oates said:
These things are nasty unless you are a portrait or landscape photographer - for wildlife & scoping a video type fluid head with one control is what you need.

This 701RC2 is what I use

yeah that what i use with 055 legs but looking for a chep tripod for a friend with a light scope...

found a significantly reduced slik but with the pan handle head bit

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back