• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your comments please (1 Viewer)

terrybennett

Hi,

I have been planting native shrubs and flowers in the hope of encouraging insect eating birds as well as the usual seed eating ones into the garden. In the first year I have been fortunate enough to have a pair of spotted flycatchers using a nest box I have put up.
I would like to build up a photographic record of the birds I have managed to attract to the garden and this is the first attempt at doing so.
As I haven't got all my digiscoping equipment yet, I used a Minolta Dimage 5, set at maximum zoom and aperture priority, mounted on a tripod and operated by a remote release. The weather was sunny.
I used some meal worms to lure the bird to the bird table and took about a dozen photographs, but as one had to predetermine where it may actually land only about three photographs had the whole of the bird in. The attached is probably the best result as it is the only one with a highlight in the eye, which tended to make the others look a bit "dead".
Photoshop Elements was used to crop and slightly sharpen the final image.

Attachments

• test3 013w.jpg
    test3 013w.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 230
Great pic,I'd certainly be glad to get one as good.Can't wait to see the results when you get all your digiscoping equipment.

Geoff :t:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your welcome to the Bird Forum, which as you probably know I have recently joined.

I am just beginning to find my way around the site, which contains such a vast amount of information to be studied and learnt from. I am sure that my enjoyment of wildlife and my ability to record it will be enhanced by my membership and what can be gleaned from it.

Terry

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your kind remarks.

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4500 camera and a Leica scope, but need to get a suitable head for my tripod and some form of remote release to try to eliminate camera shake. I will then be able to attempt to obtain more natural looking photographs.

Terry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back