• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Steiner 7x50 Commander V - any experience ? (1 Viewer)

solentbirder

Anyone got experience with this model ? It's really a marine binocular, having individual eyepiece focussing. This doesn't bother me as I do a lot of observing at longer distances over marshes and shoreline. I've seen this at a good price and wondered about the quality of build and optics.
Thanks.

Steiner binoculars

solentbirder said:
Anyone got experience with this model ? It's really a marine binocular, having individual eyepiece focussing. This doesn't bother me as I do a lot of observing at longer distances over marshes and shoreline. I've seen this at a good price and wondered about the quality of build and optics.
Thanks.
Great binocular just a little out of its perfect application- which is from the top of a tank doing panorama sweeps. No really; this binocular brought me back from the highest quality roof prisms to appreciate what I have been missing for a pure viewing pleasure, that well made porros offer. I love the bulk and solid feel but it is a very 'masculine' binocular.
Looking for something lighter, I ordered the Steiner Night Hunter XP 8x30's at appr.19 oz's. This compact has every feature and for my experience the best binocular -considering size, price, and weight that I have ever come across. Very bright for 30mm! I give it my highest recommendation. (I do not particularly like non-ED Steiner versions just so you know).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back