PDA

View Full Version : Hobby

patmartin
Friday 7th July 2006, 21:59
First day on the platform(FULMAR ALPHA) and what a start to my trip,apart from the usual gulls and fulmars first bird today was a Whitethroat followed by a juvenile Starling,then as I walked back to the job after lunch a bird flashed by,turned into the wind and played in the air currents within 20 metres,a superbly conditioned Hobby,first for me offshore and so close.Pat

StevieEvans
Friday 7th July 2006, 22:22
First day on the platform(FULMAR ALPHA) and what a start to my trip,apart from the usual gulls and fulmars first bird today was a Whitethroat followed by a juvenile Starling,then as I walked back to the job after lunch a bird flashed by,turned into the wind and played in the air currents within 20 metres,a superbly conditioned Hobby,first for me offshore and so close.Pat

Dear Pat,
Please can you send me a job application form for that Oil Rig you're on (asap)
Nice find !
Steve

Marcus Conway - ebirder
Friday 7th July 2006, 22:28

Great record