• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

lens hire (1 Viewer)

mad

went to minsmeer suffolk uk on thursday and im a bit gutted that after 7hrs
only bringing home about 4 pic and binning about 200 or so
ive got the bigma _and the cheap mto11ca .
so im going to hire but which one the 300-800 sigmonster or the canon 400 2.8 +con
or am i just going to up set my self when i give them back so the sigma 500 f4.5 +convertor which is my next lens so this would be a good test.
any help would be great
many thanks
jason p (mad)

Hi Jason

Sorry to hear that your Minsmere trip wasn't a sucess... If I were you I wouldn't hire a lens that you are not seriously considering buying. The Canon 400 f2.8 is a great lens, but at almost £6k it's beyond most budgets. You don't want to try one, think it's great and not be able to buy one.

If you are considering buying the Sigma 500 f4.5 then this would be a sensible lens to hire and try. It is a very good lens and I'm sure you'll be impressed by it, thanksfully it's not quite as bank breaking as the big Canon primes.

You can hire lens from 'Fixation' a professonal outfit - they have a website www.fixationuk.com with prices for the hire of lens. They are situated in Vauxhall - London. I recently hired a Canon 500mm from them over a weekend it was good experience.

Gigi

GiGi said:
You can hire lens from 'Fixation' a professonal outfit - they have a website www.fixationuk.com with prices for the hire of lens. They are situated in Vauxhall - London. I recently hired a Canon 500mm from them over a weekend it was good experience.

Gigi
Hi Gigi,

How much did that cost and how much deposit did you have to put down ?

TIA, Mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back