• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swallow chicks-2 by christineredgat (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

(Note: This was originally posted under another thread, remember it is christineredgat's photo.)

hello,Silverstreak,sorry i have got all mixed up between you and Johnny1.I have just sent him a swallow onto the Hodbarrow forum,I think that that was the better of the two.But will put this one on now,and then follow up with the other heron picture.
I get somewhat confused going in and out of these forums!!!
christine.

Attachments

• herons&swallow chicks 036e (christineredgat ).jpg
    herons&swallow chicks 036e (christineredgat ).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 200
(Note: This was originally posted under another thread, remember it jenygard's post.)

Christine, your picture of Swallow is in my opinion your best until now. It has very good sharpness and good exposure too. You need to do some postprocessing to see the best of it. I have used Levels to increase contrast and USM to sharpen it.

I think you have seen the benefits of getting closer to the bird (a little too close, you lost the tail), more details are recorded and sharpening are easier.

If you do the Levels and USM on the full size picture, then resize to Gallery size and then do USM one more time, you will get maximum quality.

jenygard

Attachments

• swallow.jpg
    swallow.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 211
(Note: This was originally posted under another thread, remember it is christineredgat's post.)

thankyou Jenygard,my swallow chick certainly looks very bright and acute now.Yes i see the point now re being close to the object,which is why usually none of my pictures are as clear as the swallow.Eg the heron.he was across the lagoon and it is impossible to be really close.It just so happened the swallow was sitting on the phone wires above our yard,so it was the ideal opportunity.I would have taken lots more of the same calibre,but every time I go to press the camera,the shot tends to move out of focus,so a cable release has been suggested,so i might look into that,if they are easy to fit.
thanks,christine.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back