• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meadow Browns et al (1 Viewer)

cjay

It seems that Meadow Browns are very abundant this year. In the past week I have been visiting the grazing marshes from North cove in the west to Oulton Marshes in the north east following the River Waveney. There have been literally hundreds at all of these sites. Also there are lots of Red Admirals around too. Even our buddlia in our garden has attracted up to three Painted Ladies, One Red Admiral & A Small Tortoiseshell

Of the moths I have seen a good number of Silver Y's & this week I found the larvae of Buff Tip, Cinnabar, vapourer, Painted Lady, Peacock & Small Tortoiseshell.

CJ

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back