• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of Conquest 8x30 translated (kind of) from Norwegian (1 Viewer)

MacGee

A review downloaded from here, entitled '[size=-1]Test 8x30 / 8x32 (Nov 5, 2005)' [/size]gave a very positive report on the Conquest 8x30s, only it's in Norwegian. I've tried below to translate the conclusions, but my Norwegian is, well, non-existent. Please point out any mistakes that you see.

These were the Conquest's scores (out of 12)
Resolution 10-
Contrast 10-
Perceived Brightness 7+
Field Sharpness 9-
FOV with Glasses 10+
Construction 9

For comparison, the Victory FL 8x32 got 10,11,8,10+,11,10, the Leica Ultravid 8x32 got 10, 10+,7+,10+,11+,10+ and the Swaro EL 8x32 10,10-,7+,10+,11+,11.

Here's the summary and my attempted translation.

Produsert i Ungarn og betydelig rimeligere enn Zeiss-kikkerter fra
Tyskland.

Manufactured in Hungary and appreciably cheaper than Zeiss binoculars from Germany.

Fasekorrigert.
Phase corrected.

Hus av kunststoff (ikke metall) gir lav vekt,
men foreløpig usikkert om materialet er like robust som metall.

Body of synthetic material (not metal) for low weight, but for now there's a doubt about whether the material is as robust as metal.

Kikkerten er noe lenger enn de fleste 8x30/8x32-modeller.

The binoculars are a bit longer than the average 8x30/8x32 model.

Lett kikkert med meget god optikk.
Lightweight binoculars with very good optics.

I'd like to know whether these test scores are subjective, like the Cornell scores, or whether they're somehow objectively derived.

Michael.

Good translation. ;)

I have been considering the similar 10x30 Conquest, but will probably save up for 10x40 Conquest. Or some similar of another brand. I have essentially the same in the Monarch, so no big rush. If someone comes up with a 9x32 in the mean time, I am very likely going to go for it.

Tero said:
Good translation. ;)

I have been considering the similar 10x30 Conquest, but will probably save up for 10x40 Conquest. Or some similar of another brand. I have essentially the same in the Monarch, so no big rush. If someone comes up with a 9x32 in the mean time, I am very likely going to go for it.
Thanks, Tero. I used to have very steady hands and could use 10x quite easily, but these days I'm beginning to see some shake, so I'll restrict myself to 8x and 7x and 6.5x.

Michael.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back