• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prague (1 Viewer)

Jonathon9640

I am visiting Prague for seven days at the beginning of Nov.(1/7) and wondered if anyone knows any good birding areas.I will have to depend on public transport.Thank you

Hi Jonathon, can't help you myself... but if you look down towards the bottom of this page, you will see some related/similar threads that may be of help.

regards,
Andy

Jonathon9640 said:
I am visiting Prague for seven days at the beginning of Nov.(1/7) and wondered if anyone knows any good birding areas.I will have to depend on public transport.Thank you

Hi there

I asked this question myself not too long ago and got some good info. If you do a search on Prague you will find the thread. Divoka Sarka (think thats how its spelled) was well worth a visit and is easy by tram.
Good luck

James

James said:
Hi there

I asked this question myself not too long ago and got some good info. If you do a search on Prague you will find the thread.

James
Yep, thats first in the list of similar threads at the bottom of this page, the thread entitled 'Prague in March'.

cheers

Hi Jonathon,

The aforementioned Divoká Šárka is worth a trip. The area is accessed by taking tram 26 to its western terminus. The ride takes 34 minutes from Prague's main railroad station (Praha hlavní nádraží).

Another highly recommended option is to spend just 47 minutes on a train from Praha hlavní nádraží to Srbsko, from where you can explore the lovely Český Kras. This is a great place to hike, even if you don't see any birds, and you'll experience a little of the Czech countryside in the process.

http://www.ceskykras.ochranaprirody.cz/index.php?lang=en

Adam

P.S. James, what did you manage to find when you were here?

Last edited:
Blackstart said:
Hi Jonathon,

The aforementioned Divoká Šárka is worth a trip. The area is accessed by taking tram 26 to its western terminus. The ride takes 34 minutes from Prague's main railroad station (Praha hlavní nádraží).

Another highly recommended option is to spend just 47 minutes on a train from Praha hlavní nádraží to Srbsko, from where you can explore the lovely Český Kras. This is a great place to hike, even if you don't see any birds, and you'll experience a little of the Czech countryside in the process.

http://www.ceskykras.ochranaprirody.cz/index.php?lang=en

Adam

P.S. James, what did you manage to find when you were here?

Didn't find anything particularly rare but had a great time. Found a (peregrine?) at Dvoka Sarka (how do you do all those funny squidges over the letters????). Just didn't look right but what else could it have been? Always good to find a mystery bird.

James

James said:
(how do you do all those funny squidges over the letters????)
You mean the háčeks and čárkas? In Word, you just click Insert – Symbol – (normal text) and choose the character of your choice. Works for kroužeks, too. Barring that, you can just use a Czech-enabled keyboard! :t:

Glad you enjoyed yourself in Prague.

Adam

Blackstart said:
You mean the háčeks and čárkas? In Word, you just click Insert – Symbol – (normal text) and choose the character of your choice. Works for kroužeks, too. Barring that, you can just use a Czech-enabled keyboard! :t:

Glad you enjoyed yourself in Prague.

Adam

Cheers Adam.
Yes it was a great place and met good people too.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back