• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

July in the garden (1 Viewer)

seb_seb

The garden is looking good as bees feed on clover and comma butterflies on bramble. The feeders are slow at the moment but still have regular visitors : blue,great and coal tits. The occasional nuthatch and greenfinch. The skies are filled with house martins , and swifts are still present but many seem to have started heading south. Long tailed tits still pas through the garden and mistel thrushes can be heard rattling over head.

Are your Long-tailed Tits seasonal? Around here they seem to stay in the woods and large parks all year except perhaps in the dead of winter, when I may see them in residential shrubbery.

Mine visit all through the year , feeding in the gardens and breeding in the gardens,although they dissappear from time to time. I watched them fledge around 9 young a month or so ago.

I had a Long-tailed Tit in the garden this morning, only about the fifth time they've visited me. I could hear it calling, but when I went outside it appeared to be on its own - most unusual to only see one. Plenty of House Sparrows still, about 25 this morning. Apart from that there's a few Starlings, Blackbirds, Woodpigeons and Collared Doves, and the odd Greenfinch and Blue Tit.

Plenty of bees here too feeding on the lavender, and I had my tenth butterfly species of the summer this morning when a Painted Lady appeared, a garden tick.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back