• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrowhawk, By Richardbedford A1 shot (1 Viewer)

A stunning photo. Thanks for posting here and bringing it to our attention!

(I feel sorry for the snipe though.)

Gillian

I agree with all of the above. What an exceptional shot. Definitely National Geographic quality. SUPERB! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Kentucky Woman said:
I have tried to see the photo several times but it says I need to register and I'm logged in. Is there somewhere else I need to register?

Hi Kentucky Woman,

Very odd as you've already made 19 posts. I've just tried the link and it's fine. Only thing I can suggest you try is to come into this "Sparrowhawk" thread via one of the links that comes to you about it in your In Box.

IF it works then - hopefully after you've seen it - you can then go on up to the top to "Forums" and move wherever you wish to around the rest of the boards.

Good luck, but maybe someone else might think of a reason to help you. Best wishes,

Sue.

Kentucky Woman said:
I have tried to see the photo several times but it says I need to register and I'm logged in. Is there somewhere else I need to register?
Just log out and log back in and then the Gallery will recognize you as a "registered" member. But you'll only have to do it this one time and then both the Gallery and Forum will know who you are whenever you're logged in. ;)

Katy Penland said:
Just log out and log back in and then the Gallery will recognize you as a "registered" member. But you'll only have to do it this one time and then both the Gallery and Forum will know who you are whenever you're logged in. ;)

Thank you, Katy, it worked.

Richard, that is one INCREDIBLE shot! :clap:

This is a fantastic shot by Richardbedford, I think the best flight shot I've seen.

Superb shot and a cracking catch for a male sparrowhawk, must have been caught by surprise as snipe in level flight will outfly sparrowhawks.

Mark

I have seen the photo first today. A fantastic shot!
For me came also a solution for a quiz!
I didn't realize till now that snipe has so a tail!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back