• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Craghoppers Montraga Parka (1 Viewer)

Robin have just purchased a Paramo Cascade jacket (highly rated see other posts on here) for £90 (half price) from www.gooutdoors.co.uk they also do Craghopper,i use their excellent trousers but cant comment on the jacket.

Chris Oates said:
You can get the coat direct from Craghopper
website here
Quote offer code LE16...that makes it £90

Argh! Like Ragna I've just purchased a Paramo Cascade at half price. At least I think I have, they haven't sent me an email yet to confirm delivery :C

I like this jacket though, even with the 'retro' styling. The outside looks as though it should be thornproof and I prefer the quilted lining to a removeable fleece which is a bit of a fiddle usually.

If GoOutdoors let me down I'm definitely going for this one. :t:

Cheers for the info, Chris!

Last edited:
Robin Pearson said:
Argh! Like Ragna I've just purchased a Paramo Cascade at half price.

Good decision, I've got one.
The lining isn't quilted though, it's what's called a 'pump liner' and is what stops the 'boil in a bag' feeling you can get with membrane jackets.
As Paramo doesn't rely on a membrane for proofing thorn pricks won't affect the integrity, rips can be sewn up.
If you've never handled any Paramo gear I think you'll be in for a surpise (pleasant of course).
One thing I found was that as the draw cords are flat the supplied locks were a bit weedy - get a pack of Hi-gear ones from Millets for £1.50

Good luck Robin they had to get my my cascade from their Coventry branch, but kept me well informed by email so you should hear somthing on Monday.

My local branch of Debenhams has the Craghopper jacket currently on sale for £70, I don't know if other stores across the country have the same deal on.

Ragna said:
Robin if go outdoors are out of stock on the cascade jacket then as Chris has posted in another thread www.srcunningham.co.uk have the cascade in olive for £99 bit more but well worth it.

It's OK, the email fell foul of my over-zealous BT Yahoo spam blocker. They have to get it from Wakefield but it should be on its way.

Just as an addendum, the jacket arrived on a Tuesday after ordering it on the preceding Thursday. It is exremely lightweight but very warm and showerproof. My only grumble is for people like me with long arms the sleeves (on size large) could be an inch or two longer. Other than that, good value at £90.

Robin Pearson said:
Just as an addendum, the jacket arrived on a Tuesday after ordering it on the preceding Thursday. It is exremely lightweight but very warm and showerproof. My only grumble is for people like me with long arms the sleeves (on size large) could be an inch or two longer. Other than that, good value at £90.

Hope the zip is OK. The zip on my Parama Viento jacket is tiny, fiddly, and has started bursting open. A shame because the jacket is otherwise excellent.
I'd also be interested to know if any has tried the Craghopper parka yet. Looks promising.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back