• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old Custom Compacts are bringing big prices (1 Viewer)

I have been watching the prices being paid on E-Bay for old Bushnell and B&L Custom Compacts. I think I saw a new high price today of $255 for a nice pair. When I started watching them a few months ago when I was having trouble with my old pair prices were running around $100 for nice ones. Over the past few months it has gone to $150 to $200 and now up to $255. Amazing!

David Enoch

DavidEnoch said:
I have been watching the prices being paid on E-Bay for old Bushnell and B&L Custom Compacts. I think I saw a new high price today of $255 for a nice pair. When I started watching them a few months ago when I was having trouble with my old pair prices were running around $100 for nice ones. Over the past few months it has gone to $150 to $200 and now up to $255. Amazing!

David Enoch
i paid £7.00 for a nice pair on ebay uk 3 years ago, still got them.

Forget this nonsense! The new Bushnell's are better! They are FMC. The old Bausch & Lomb Custom Compacts had MC only. That was one of the criticism's against it on BVD.
Bob :news:

Last edited:
ceasar said:
Forget this nonsense! The new Bushnell's are better! They are FMC. The old Bausch & Lomb Custom Compacts had MC only. That was one of the criticism's against it on BVD.
Bob :news:

Bushnell gave me a discount on a pair of new Custom Compacts so I'm not going to buy a pair of the old ones. There is also the issue that the old ones are out of warranty and parts are no longer available. The old models are more compact.

David Enoch

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back