• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera holster or bag (1 Viewer)

Ted R

I have recently purchased a D200 and Tamron 200-500. Can anyone suggest a camera holster or bag that will fit the combo and possibly the ability to take along my 18-200.
Thanks

Ted R said:
I have recently purchased a D200 and Tamron 200-500. Can anyone suggest a camera holster or bag that will fit the combo and possibly the ability to take along my 18-200.
Thanks

Hi Ted - I have the same setup. Lowepro makes a Lens Trekker 600AW, but it's kind of huge. For now, I just put the camera with a small lens attached in a small camera bag, and carry the Tamron 200-500 in it's own zippered bag. The Lowepro will certainly handle camera plus additional lenses, but I worry about "public interest" in my own urban environment (preferring not to look conspicuosly equipped). This is a very individual matter. On occasion, I'll carry assorted gear in a foam padded carry-on type little suitcase with wheels, and it works fine. Good luck. - Bob

A lowepro Mini Trekker will certain do the job - it's a rucsack type bag and will hold your camera with long lens down the middle, with room on either side for extra lenses or other kit.

postcardcv said:
A lowepro Mini Trekker will certain do the job - it's a rucsack type bag and will hold your camera with long lens down the middle, with room on either side for extra lenses or other kit.

Hi

Is that with the camera body attached or off the lens? I use a D80 with the same lens and never take the body off. This setup will fit in a Nova 4 AW, which is what I use at the moment, but it is a bit of a tight squeeze and I am also looking at other possibilities.

Cheers

Stuart R

I have the Lowepro Micro Trekker and I use it with EOS 350D and Sigma 170-500mm lens attached to the body down the middle, with room for couple of spare lenses/accessories down the sides. Great rucksack case. The Mini Trekker is slightly bigger still.

Nick

Stuart R said:
Hi

Is that with the camera body attached or off the lens? I use a D80 with the same lens and never take the body off. This setup will fit in a Nova 4 AW, which is what I use at the moment, but it is a bit of a tight squeeze and I am also looking at other possibilities.

Cheers

Stuart R

Ted R said:
Thanks
Hi Ted,
I use a Lowepro Naturetrekker II, there's room enough for the camera + TC + Tamron (hood removed) attached, plus room left for extra lenses (300mm or 400mm) ... I'd not choose a rucksack too tightly fit, you never know what you're going to drag around
Cheers,
Max

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back