• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eaglet? (1 Viewer)

eetundra

Does the Swift Eaglet still hold it's own? I had written them off because of the 7.1 degree field despite their reported optical and handling qualities. I thought I would find the narrow apparent field of view off-putting.

Recent experience with a Bushnell Custom with it's 6.9 degree fov showed me I did not notice the extreme "tunnel effect" I was afraid of. I have also been contemplating the purchase of a 6x30 or 6x32 for various reasons and when I did the math I realized these have afovs in the 46-49 degree range though I was not bothered with the width of the view in the Katmai I sampled.

Anyhow, long-winded personal journeys of discovery aside, are they still a good buy? Now that ownership of the division/company has changed do you think the new group can stand behind them with a competitive warranty? Are they as easy to use as Stephen Ingraham suggests?

EDIT: I should have read down half a page and notice the Eaglet thread already going.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back