• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Birdwatching Guide To Extremadura (1 Viewer)

Dave Tanner

Highland Birder
Hi all

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of:

A Birdwatching Guide To Extremadura by John Muddeman.

This book is currently out of print and not due for re-print until sometime later in the year. Unfortunately I'm going there in April.

So if any member has a copy they no longer need and would be willing to sell I would be very grateful. Alternatively, if any members knows where I can obtain a copy, I've tried all the usual on-line book stores without success (Books for Birders, Subbuteo, Amazon, Bird Books On-line, Wildsounds). I've even sent an email to the author direct, still awaiting a reply.

Any help would be appreciated. Any replies can either be open to the forum or PM.

Regards Dave Tanner - Portmahomack

Dave Tanner said:
Hi all

This book is currently out of print and not due for re-print until sometime later in the year. Unfortunately I'm going there in April.

So if any member has a copy they no longer need and would be willing to sell I would be very grateful. Alternatively, if any members knows where I can obtain a copy, I've tried all the usual on-line book stores without success (Books for Birders, Subbuteo, Amazon, Bird Books On-line, Wildsounds). I've even sent an email to the author direct, still awaiting a reply.

Any help would be appreciated. Any replies can either be open to the forum or PM.

Might be worth phoning a few RSPB reserves with bookshops as they tend to hold on to books like this. Vane Farm RSPB where my wife worked always held a good stock of this type of site guide.

The other one would be to contact John Muddeman himself through his website http://www.iberianwildlife.com

Hope you have a good time in Extremadura, it's fantastic place to go.

Regards Jules

Dave Tanner said:
Hi all

Hi Dave,

John Muddeman is leading right now for The Travelling Naturalist in Trinidad & Tobago and I'm sure he will reply you once he come back. As far as I know he has been working in the new edition of his book which is on my opinion the best guide by far to the region.
On the other hand you have some information about where to watch birds in Extremadura on our web site: www.spainbirds.com.

I hope this helps,

Santiago Villa
www.spainbirds.com

Hi all

Many thanks for the info provided. Hopefully the new guide will be available before my trip in April.
I had managed to pull quite a few trip reports off various sites. It's just that I'd heard that this guide was almost indispensable for the area. I'll keep trying to get a copy though.

Regards to all - Dave.

Hi all

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information re 'A BIRDWATCHING GUIDE TO EXTREMADURA' I've finally manage to obtain a copy, it arrived today courtesy of Paul Longley at Focalpoint. You won't believe the difficulty I've had trying to get a copy of this book. I phoned every RSPB reserve shop, this was suggested by several people and the author, John Muddeman. All without success.
I did manage to track down 4 copies 1 in Norway and 3 in Germany. Not much use to me as I find it difficult to speak English never mind anything else.
So I now have the book, when I return from Portugal/Spain, I'm going to auction it on ebay. It must be worth a few fortune.

Once again thanks to all.

Dave Tanner - Portmahomack

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back