• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Issues...Anyone visit Thames valley business park? (1 Viewer)

alexf

UK, India, Hungary
Does anyone go to Thames Valley Business park near woodley, Reading?

I went there last week to photograph some finches that visit some bushes on the side of the main road and was told by security that I couldn't take photographes and I should leave.

I thought it was public land as I was standing on a footpath by the side of a public road, also, shouldn't there be "no photography" signs there if thats the case?.....and private property signs too?

I want to go back tomorrow as I have never seen so many finches in one place. I don't want to stand my ground with the security guards if there is a chance I'm in the wrong.

Thanks for any help

Alex

I don't know the area at all. But I cannot really see how there is a problem if you are on a public highway etc, unless in this area there is some sensitive businesses.

I know that some people do not like ringing the Police, but in our area Cleveland we have an information desk which is reachable through our main switchboard number. This is staffed by PCs with a good knowledge and anything they are not sure of they check it .

Why not try Thames Valey just for some advice, If you do don't forget to get the persons number or name then at least you can give this as a point of reference. They should know the area and be able to tell you how you stand.
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/general/contact-us.htm

You were right, thanks.

They said to crack on, they have no right to stop me on public land and if they have a problem they should call the police, who have better things to do!

Good point!

The difference is that he was photgraphing chimneys, I am pointing away from any buildings, towards a bush on the edge of a public common. I even showed them the photos on the digital camera to prove it was only birds.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Alex

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back