• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any body have info: on Squirrel raising? (1 Viewer)

Pegrelu

My daughter found a baby squirrel so far shes doing great with it. She's already been to the vet and pet store to make sure shes doing the right things. She's had it a week and its very attached to her. She has been searching the webb for any info she can get. My daughter is 30 so shes not a kid, just an animal freak like her mom. She has horses, goats, rabbits, chickens and a dog oh and a stink pot musk turtle. Any advice on squirrels would be welcome. Thanks, Pegrelu.

I have one piece of solid advice-- beware of electrical cords. A friend once had a pet squirrel whose propensity for gnawing led it to chew through a lamp cord and electrocute itself.

Hey your the turle eater, ha ha

It was your replies that got me laughing on the Break for Gopher turtles thread. I seen your picture on my thread and thought you was gonna tell me to eat the squirrel. ha ha. I have but that was when I was younger, Dad used to hunt squirrel but now I'd rather keep them alive. Thanks for the input I'll pass it on to my daughter. Thanks Pegrelu.

Sorry I didn't find this thread earlier Pegrelu. there is a wonderful person named Clarissa who has devoted her life to rehabbing squirrels. She has step by step instructions for complete care of infants and adults on the net. http://www.hal-pc.org/~jbsum/squirrel.html

If you find this thread,how is the baby squirrel doing?

Squirrels do not make very good pets. It is illegal in the state of Florida to keep one, and once they reach adulthood they can become nasty.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back