• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Faulty lens? (1 Viewer)

Mahsleb

Hi All
Today my Sigma APO 70-300mm 4-5.6 DG Macro lens arrived but the zoom feels very stiff and not at all the smooth action I thought it would be
It seems to take decent pics but I'm really not happy with the feel of it
Am I expecting too much from a £160 lens? ...or is it faulty?
In comparison the Canon EFS 18-55mm which came with the camera has a much smoother action!
Should I send it back...what do you think?
Any comments or suggestions most welcome!

cheers
tony :stuck:

Sigmas often start off feeling really stiff in action but they loosen up with a bit of time and use. I've had three - your lens, the 135-400mm and the 80-400mm OS, and they were all the same.

I wouldn't worry too much, Tony.

Keith Reeder said:
Sigmas often start off feeling really stiff in action but they loosen up with a bit of time and use. I've had three - your lens, the 135-400mm and the 80-400mm OS, and they were all the same.

I wouldn't worry too much, Tony.

Thanks Keith
That's very reassuring
I'll take it out tomorrow and give it a good workout
maybe that'll get it sorted Lol
cheers
tony

Spray some WD40 inside the collar.Only joking!My sigma 135-400 is a lot stiffer than my canon 75-300.As Keith said,I wouldnt worry too much about it.

mike from ebbw said:
Spray some WD40 inside the collar.Only joking!My sigma 135-400 is a lot stiffer than my canon 75-300.As Keith said,I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Hehheh thanks Mike B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back