• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightwieght Summer cross trainer / boot / shoe (1 Viewer)

mrlimbo

Hi , in need to replace my last pair (Clarks) not really for any heavy walking , but say 3-4 hour walks also no real need to be waterproof , Lightweight & comfort is the biggest need also would lika a pair that lasted longer than one Summer ;)

mrlimbo said:
Hi , in need to replace my last pair (Clarks) not really for any heavy walking , but say 3-4 hour walks also no real need to be waterproof , Lightweight & comfort is the biggest need also would lika a pair that lasted longer than one Summer ;)

I've tried a few like Merrel ventilators which are comfortable, last a while but are not terribly supporting to the foot - best I've found so far are Scarpa heliums Cave & Crag sell them ....I particularly like them as the sole is broader and longer than the shoe giving excellent stability - less tendency to 'roll' an ankle.
For really warm weather I use Keen sandals from Field & Trek - they are great as they have toe protectors and can be worn while wading streams.

A quick PS....
Never ever scrimp on shoes - when you damage your feet you'll find 'quick fit' don't stock them.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back