• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Japan info is needed (1 Viewer)

Avib

I'm going with my family to a 3 weeks trip to japan from june 21t' to july 12th'. It's not a nature trip but I want to use the early morning time for birding. We will visit Kyoto,Tokyo, Nara, Hiroshima, Niihama and Harue.
If someone who knows Japan can give me some birding tips for those places I'll be grateful.
I also need an advice on guidebook to Japan's birds in english.
Thanks'.

I don't know too much about the places you're visting (I hardly ever leave my corner of Hokkaido) although Tokyo and the area around Tokyo has several well-known birding spots.

I suggest you check out this link for expat birders in Japan:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kantori

You'll have to join but then you can get plenty of info about the places you want to visit.

If you go to my blog below there are more links to birding websites about Japan.

stuprice68,
Thak's for your replay and usefull information. Iv'e entered your blog and it's like it very much. Your photos are very interesting.
Thank's again.
Avi

"I'm going with my family to a 3 weeks trip to japan from june 21t' to july 12th'. It's not a nature trip but I want to use the early morning time for birding. We will visit Kyoto,Tokyo, Nara, Hiroshima, Niihama and Harue.
If someone who knows Japan can give me some birding tips for those places I'll be grateful.
I also need an advice on guidebook to Japan's birds in english.
Thanks'."

Loads of info here :-

http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/asiajapan.htm

Regards

Malky

updated Info

Hi folks o:)
I have the chance to visit Japan sometime next month (August), and I'll have one to two weeks to spend there, so just wondering if anyone can recommend an itinerary to see some good birds there (not seabirds though !) ..
Any infor would be greatly appreciated
Cheers B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back