• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bude canal and Tamar lakes. (1 Viewer)

Nina P

Nina
I wish to appologise to those who feel I failed to post on this side of the border but I was in need of a break from the PC, as Darryl rightly pointed out that the posting on Devon should also go on Cornwall side too, and I do agree, but as I was going to post the special I saw on the Bude Canal, right in the centre of Bude, the wonderful white throated diver/cormorant, as it was a first for me, and what a splendid bird, it dived under the water, surfaced right in front of me and my hubby Graham ( a Cornishman of old) and we watched for over twenty minutes, until this bidr flew up onto the roof of the new houses there and stood light by the early evening sunlight, making its white breast really glow.
We try to do this walk at least once a year when we visit Grahams family over three times a year. I love all the different places, like the marshes there and the compass point over the downs, and towards the summerleaze beach and Middle beach, but we did try to find Maer but somehow missed the turning, I think the poor old fella is starting to lose his way these days.
I have been to Maer in the past and seen some beautiful butterflies, birds, ( several linnets once) but Hartland was not where the other half wanted to go that time, I think he was put off by someone saying there wasn't anything worthwhile there that day, He don't know how fickle birds can be, and at the moment I don't wish to put him off with long waits for one bird only.
The other place I really wanted to go to was Tintagel, to see if any Choughs had shown up there, but he wasn't really in the mood, so I had to forgo the experience on this occasion, but next year?????? I do hope so!! Nina.
o:D :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back