• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which would you do? Explore Cozumel or take ship exc to Sian Kaan International Bios. (1 Viewer)

nightheron28

Exterminate! Exterminate! Exxxtttteeeerrrrmmmiinat
There are of course stipulations see I am going on a cruise that is going to drop us off at Cozumel for 9 hours. I have been to Cozumel before and have gotten some great birds like Cozumel vireo but I also missed quite a few (Yucatan Parrot, Cozumel Wren, Rose-Throated Tanager, Yucatan Woodpecker, Cozumel Emerald).

The thing is the ship offers a excursion that takes you to the Sian Kaan International Biosphere, specifically the Muyil ruins. If you do a find for Muyil Ruins on this page you can see the details: http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp

It says in the details for the excursion that the guide points out the flora and fauna in addition to archaeological details and it even mentions that the place is know for birds. I also read a trip report of a fellow who went on a cruise similar to the one I am going on and picked up 3 new birds 1 of which is a Sizzler, Red-Legged Honey Creeper! He mentions that he has been on this trip before and saw much more! I am wondering if this trip would be worthwhile?

Has anyone here been on a cruise to cozumel? What was your experience? What did you do?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back