• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Masked bandit! (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
The Loggerhead Shrike is a common garden bird in my area. Since the Purple Martins left on southbound migration, he likes to survey his domain fron the perches atop the martin house. This pic was digiscoped through my kitchen window - I know you're not supposed to take photos through windows, but if I'd gone outside with all the gear, he'd have been gone. Perhaps I'll get a better shot when I'm outside pre-set up for the hummingbirds.

Nikon CP 4500
Swarovski AT80HD

Attachments

• shrike1a.jpg
    shrike1a.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 299
Nice photo, Helen. As you know we don't have them over here but it does resemble our Great Grey Shrike - not that I've ever got that close to one.

BTW I often have to resort to photos through windows, double glazing at that. Sometimes if you want a shot at all then you have to do it.

A really clear photo. I take many of mine through the window too. It means I have to keep the glass clean, ugh, I hate housework, especially cleaning windows. The dirt is always on the other side! I'd rather bird watch.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back