• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Birding Camp Site Recommendation? (1 Viewer)

bitterntwisted

Graham Howard Shortt
All being well I'll be spending tomorrow and Thursday in Norfolk seeing Golden Orioles, Honey Buzzards, Montagu's Harrier and that elusive Little Bittern. Haven't worked out an order but guess I'll be overnighting somewhere on a line from Wells to Brandon on the A1085. Can anyone recommend convenient camp sites? Really not fussed about facilities for one night only - just somewhere safe to pitch the tent for the night.

Thanks,
Graham

All being well I'll be spending tomorrow and Thursday in Norfolk seeing Golden Orioles, Honey Buzzards, Montagu's Harrier and that elusive Little Bittern. Haven't worked out an order but guess I'll be overnighting somewhere on a line from Wells to Brandon on the A1085. Can anyone recommend convenient camp sites? Really not fussed about facilities for one night only - just somewhere safe to pitch the tent for the night.

Thanks,
Graham

Try Deepdale farm at Burnham Deepdale. Small, cheap and well maintained with a decent pub across the road and nice cafe on site. Just off the main coast road and not far from Titchwell. Best site I've stayed at in Norfolk. There's also a much bigger site at Wells.

http://www.deepdalefarm.co.uk/camping/index.html

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Have foudn details of both coastal sites and they sound good. Can't find any options in the Mundford/Lakenheath area?

Graham

Many thanks for all the tips - I stayed at Deepdale Farm which I can recommend very highly - just £5.50 for my pitch and another £5 for an absolutely storming cooked breakfast. Toilets spotless and showers hot and powerful - the whole set-up is environmentally responsible and a great example of successful diversification into tourism from farming.

Short report on my trip at http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=89525 (corrected link)

Graham

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back