• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best time to visit Everglades (1 Viewer)

Hi and thanks in advance for reading this post. I would like to visit the Everglades this year and would like to know the best time to visit. I have a friend in Venice and plan to start my trip there.

When I say "best time to go" I mean the time when I can see and photograph a wide variety of birds. Again, thanks. Kathy.

Best time is winter: November to March/April. more birds/wildlife to see and avoiding the heat/insects that can make summer unpleasant there.

Winter is the dry season and as Grousemore pointed out it's the time of year to come. There are only about 20 visitors in the park in summer because of the intense quantity of mosquitoes. The Anhinga Trail near the park entrance is a spectacular bird photo opportunity. The dry season concentrates fish and water birds where it is still wet (like at the trail), and there you can see multiple heron species and alligators just a few feet away.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back