• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CP990 and Windows XP (1 Viewer)

Fuchsia

Bug Babe
Hello,
I'm about to buy a Coolpix 990 but have noticed that the software is for computers with Windows 95, 98 and NT. Will I be able to use the camera with XP? I've had a look at the Nikon site but can't find any updates.

Best wishes

Jen :stuck:

Fuchsia said:
Hello,
I'm about to buy a Coolpix 990 but have noticed that the software is for computers with Windows 95, 98 and NT. Will I be able to use the camera with XP? I've had a look at the Nikon site but can't find any updates.

Best wishes

Jen :stuck:

Undoubtedly! For XP read 'NT'.

A bit of advice from me would be to forget about loading any of the early Nikonview software on to your pc (certainly that issued with the cp990). Life will be far, far easier with a cardreader.
Regards,
Andy

I had problems with it even with windows 98. Cardreaders are cheap and makes viewing your pics almost instantaneous. I have plenty of other imaging software so I saw no real need to even attempt it when my puter crashed and bought a new one with XP.

Many many thanks - it was worrying me.
All I have to do now is find the camera - they are in shorter supply than I thought!

Best wishes

Jen :t:

Hi Fuschia

I have a 990 and use XP with a Jessops card reader and have no problems whatsoever. Regarding finding a 990. If I was you I would log onto the Jessops site and follow the links for used equipment. From there you will have to search for digital then Nikon then the type of camera (i.e 990) and from time to time you will see one come up for sale. Currently they are showing one in condition 3 at the Bluewater shop (link following)http://www.jessops.com/used/search/...DBRAND=&STARTROW=1&STORECODE=&newaction=list.

Hope that helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back