• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anybody (1 Viewer)

Birdbrain

"Birders do it in the Field"
United Kingdom
:hippy: can any one help i have a opticron IS60 will a nikon
4500 digi cam fit or can anybody suggest a different digi cam.

thanks
:brains:

It depends on the eyepiece of the scope more than the camera. London Camera Exchange adapters all have a thread the 4500 will screw directly to and they seem to have a range of sizes. They definitely make one that fits the Opticron HDF range of eyepieces that apparently fit the IS60, it depends which eyepiece you have on yours.

Leigh

I think you should be o.k. Unfortunately L.C.E's adapters go up in price in relation to the obscurity of the eyepiece...so it could cost a bit more than something like a Swarovski 20-60x eyepiece adapter. Also check out EagleEye's digimount adapters, their site has an eyepiece/adapter size chart.
If all else fails, there are adapters that are capable of fitting a wide range of eyepiece sizes... the LE2+ from the U.S. is one that I have laying around here somewhere and that will fit practically any eyepiece... though it costs.
Andy

Opticron make their own attachment that holds the camera clear of the scope for viewing then swings it into place for taking the pictures. It costs around £85 I believe. Being new to all this myself, what I don't know is whether this is preferable to the fixed type that most people seem to be using on here.

Cheers lads

Would the nikon be the best answer or is there an other digi cam
that would be better,as first time digiscoping.
Ive got a fuji 2800 i no this doesnt fit she can have that,hehe
thanks for your advice chaps

Last edited:
Did you ever get this sorted?

I too have an IS60 and may well buy a digital camera to take a few photos. Do you recommend the Nikon 4500?

What is the set up - eyepieces/adaptors/attachments.

Hope you can help,

Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back