• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Opticron Model (1 Viewer)

Jaff

Registered Member
Hello all,
Just thought I'd mention that at the Birdfair Opticron had a new and improved version of the HR 80 ED (prototype only), which will become their leading model. Given that they said the older HR 80 ED's were slightly better optically than the ES 80's it could be a serious piece of kit and of course accepts the HDF and SDL zoom's.

Didn't get a look through it (not that I'd be able to offer any serious opinion anyway!) but could be a real option for someone wanting an 80mm ED scope in the future. Maybe Infocus will have the prototype at the Northwest Birdfair.

Cheers all. :t:
Jaff

Thanks for that.

The problem is (for Opticron), that unless it's priced below the Nikon/Kowa 82mm ED models will it sell?

Nev

Thanks for that.

The problem is (for Opticron), that unless it's priced below the Nikon/Kowa 82mm ED models will it sell?

Nev

Does the Nikon one sell anyway? Maybe it does in Gym's, weightlifters could use the scope as a dumbell! Its heavy enough! ;)

Well I love my 5 year + "Imagic" bins (8x42) and scope (65 with HDF zoom) and I did look at the Opticron stand at the BBWF but was very disappointed! Even the top notch bins were blurred around the edges and I though the scopes were like looking down a drinking straw!
The imagic scopes are still made for the LCE at at least half the price, and weight of current "better" models.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back