• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the August 2007 theme challenge winners - Birds in Flight (1 Viewer)

IanF

Some excellent entries this month making it very difficult to choose just one winner. It was also nice to see every entry attracting at least one vote.

From the 84 entries 30 were selected for inclusion in the voting booth. 183 members cast their vote.

The outright winner was

LisaW with Jedi Hummers which attracted 18/183 votes.

2nd place

safariranger with Martial Eagle with 16/183 votes - BTW Happy Birthday Robert for yesterday :t:

Joint third with 14/183 votes were

mali with Peregrine Fly Past
and
scottishdude with Air to air combat

Congratulations to each of you :t:

Entries will remain in place a few days before being moved to their respective forums.

Congratulations everyone! This was a tough month to choose a winner. The thirty remaining entries were all beautiful photos of birds in flight. Special congratulations to Lisa for that wonderfully captioned picture of the two "Jedi" hummers.

Congratulations Lisa, Safariranger, Mali and Scottishdude. :clap: All four were fantastic. :t: I had real difficulty choosing; there were so many excellent entries of a professional standard.

Joanne

Congratulations to all that entered.There were some superb shots entered.Special congrats to Lisa,Safariranger,Mali and Scottish dude.Well deserved.

Congrats .Lisa,a well deserved win,and also a big congrats to the second and joint 1/3rd places.
But ,Birdforum really does have an extremely large membership,but do I only see a max of 183 votes!!!.So does this mean that out of the 1000's of members,only 183 people bothered to show an interest and cast a vote.
That really is not very good.Quite apathetic.

Congrats to Lisa for being first and to safariranger for being the 1st runner up and not the least congrats to Mali and scottish:cool: for being joint 3rd..you guys made it rock mam..:clap:,:clap:..but watch out next time this Singh will come first with his FLYING SINGH SHOT..lol.:D...i am realy proud of your'll people.:t:

I just left my larger thanks in the competition area. So here I'll just say I was soooo surprised to win. The level of competition was extremely high, and I was lucky just to make the top 30. Thanks again to all who voted for the Jedi Hummers. Robert, Mali, and Jaime all had top notch shots.
And just in case he misses it in the other post - Jaime, I'm looking for my check.

Big congrats to Lisa and to all participants for a great exhibition of photos .
It was 1 big joy to look at all those photos .

A big :clap: :clap: from me also.
Well done to all who entered, especially the winners, for making this a very exciting and high quality comp. :t:

On the subject of voting numbers I think the fact is that many people on this site will simply not be that interested in photography (everyone has their own niches of interest on this site) as it is first and foremost a site about birding and nature in general. The 183 who voted I think accounts for the people who regularly view and post in the gallery.

Cheers all and bring on the bugs! (still don't know how mine made it through!)
Jaff

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back