• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Places 50km radius of Tulle? & L'geyer search (1 Viewer)

Fountain

Or further afield , I would like to see some raptors, woodpeckers ( hopefully black), rock thrush, nutcracker, golden oriole etcetc....
But any specific locations that are known to be abundant would be much apprectiated.

I'm also going go down to see if i can see a Lammergeyer, which is the best pyrennes pass for this please?

Thanks

Hi Fountain,

I dunno the area around Tulle but the Col du Portalet (D934) is one of the best passes in the Pyrenees ime for Lammers....stop and scan the area around the Pic du Midi d'Ossau (well worth seeing in its own right). I've also seen Alpine Acc from the road on crags (scope rquired) in late May. On foot in this general area I have also seen Citil Finch, Snow Finch and Wallcreeper in mid July.

Thanks Phil & Steve - I watched the Lammergeiers on the coverage of the tour de france back in July going up the Col du Portalet ... I will try that....

Dependant on time I may try some spots in NE spain....... So long as the weather still holds.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back